V-Day. San Francisco, CA, USA.
V-Day, the worldwide activist movement to end violence against women and girls, seeks a Communications Director to execute V-Day’s communications strategy, including communications needs related to all V-Day campaigns, events, print publications, web content, video and film, outside media outlets, and social media. This position is based in San Francisco and reports directly to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in communications and/or public relations.
- Develop and execute media strategy for V-Day and V-Day action campaigns
- Interface with media outlets seeking articles, quotes, and interviews from V-Day
- Founder Eve Ensler, V-Day staff, and Board
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the communications team
- Identify opportunities to leverage V-Day’s media profile
- Work with Development team and V-Day leadership to oversee creation of annual report, collateral materials, event materials
- Oversee video and electronic communications
- Oversee daily upkeep of V-Day websites
- Work with V-Day staff to help prepare speeches, presentations, and other such materials as needed by V-Day Founder, V-Day Executive Director, and other staff and Board
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrated success in developing, executing, and managing global and national media campaigns including broadcast, print, Internet, and blogs
- Demonstrated success in pitching and placing stories in the media, managing creation of newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, other print publications
- Strong relationships with media
- Versed in all facets of social media and up on latest trends and technologies
- Experience creating campaign and NGO-related videos and documentaries
- Excellent judgment and political savvy
- Keen eye for design and impact of words, messaging
- Superb verbal and writing skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Excellent people skills, including experience pitching ideas in person, on phone, and in writing
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Organized and forward thinking
- Ability to work on short notice
- Passion for ending violence against women and deep knowledge of women’s issues
- Trailblazer spirit, yet team player
- Willingness and flexibility to travel and work weekends when required
- Willingness and discipline to work from home – V-Day is a virtual organization
- Proven track record with communications and PR work
- Successful experience with and knowledge of social justice arena
- Bachelors degree or graduate level education a plus
- Tech and social media savvy
Start date: June 3
Email a cover letter, resume, and up to three writing and design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
V-Day is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: You will receive an email reply to your application. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Visit www.vday.org for more information about V-Day.