5th Africa Conference on Sexual Health & Rights
September, 19, 2012 - September, 22, 2012
To register, please click here
Efforts will be made to ensure that many constituent groups and stakeholders engage in learning exchange around policy and programme management including financing for sexual health.
- To take stock of responses to sexual health and rights on the continent since ICPD
- To explore sexual health and rights of women, girls, adolescents and youth in Africa
The conference presentations, papers and posters will explore the conference theme and the sub-themes “Sexual and Reproductive Rights-Legal, Policy and Programme Issues (including financing sexual and reproductive health)” and “Sexual and Reproductive Rights of Adolescents and Youth” through the following thematic areas:
- Adolescent and Youth Sexuality
- Women’s and Girls Sexuality
- Disabilities and Sexual Rights
- Sexual Rights and Sex Work
- HIV/AIDS and Sexuality
- Sexuality, Culture and Religion
- Sexual and Reproductive Rights (Legal, Policy and Programme Issues- financing, equity, access, implementation, enforcement and redress)
- Sexual Orientation, Sexual/Gender Identity and Sexual and Reproductive Rights
- Capacity building and Knowledge Management
- Alliance building, capacity enhancement and learning exchange for improved Policy, Legal and Programme management on sexual and reproductive rights.
- To disseminate relevant international declarations, charters and guidelines to civil society organizations to enhance their role in promoting sexual and reproductive rights.
- To plan and conduct a communications strategy, around the conference in order to produce dialogue on issues of sexuality, sexual health and sexual rights.
- To produce a conference technical report/publication that can be publicized for use by various institutions working in the field of sexual and reproductive rights.
For further information, please click here